Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. Please feel free to explore to learn more about who we are, what we do and why we do it.
Dungannon Independent Methodist Church is located in Moygashel, next to Dungannon and the M1 motorway. We are a family-focused, evangelical Christian fellowship, seeking to show God’s love and impact the community around us.
The Church is part of the ‘Fellowship of Independent Methodist Churches’ in Northern Ireland and was established in 1973. Those who attend the church come from all walks of life and many can testify to how knowing God personally has made a positive difference in their lives.
The church exists to be a witness of how God can change lives; to show how knowing God and being forgiven of your sins by Him can give you peace and joy. We are a body of Christians who are here to help; we love the Lord and His Word, and seek to share this with those around us.
Feel free to come and visit us; everyone is welcome!
Rev. Robert Maxwell
- The Independent Methodists are a body of Christians who evidence their genuine experience of God’s saving grace by practical godliness and by earnestly seeking to conform to the whole will of God as revealed in the Holy Scriptures.
- They do not believe that God or the Bible has changed to accommodate the fashionable tendencies of the age and solemnly protest against any introduction of wordiness into the Church.
- The cost of discipleship is the same now as it was in the days of the Apostles, therefore if any will be His disciple, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow Christ. It is necessary to come out from the world and be separate, renouncing all vain and pomp and glory, adorning oneself with modest attire.
- In doctrine we are Methodist. We believe in the doctrine of the Trinity. a general atonement, the necessity and the possibility of the New Birth for all men, the witness of the Spirit, the ministry of divine healing, future rewards and punishments, the Second Coming of Christ and that it is the privilege of every believe to be sanctified wholly and to be preserved blameless unto the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. All our members are expected to enjoy this experience or to seek diligently until they obtain it.
- We are opposed to the present false Ecumenical Movement and to the World Council of Churches and we will not share in any of their activities. We are glad to have fellowship with born again members of other denominations.